About Me

Devoutly Catholic woman, working towards a big farm with more chickens than cows, more pigs than chicken, and as many babies as the good Lord blesses us with.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Do You Remember What Your Knees are For?

Pray. That is what your knees are for, to pray. And if you forget this, God has a funny way of reminding you. I was fortunate to be offered a job at an insurance company not three day after I walked in my college graduation. God is truly Awesome! Unfortunately around this time I also started to realize that the relationship that I had with M that I thought was flawless began to crumble. Which was entirely my doing. I am NOT making excuses for my behavior but I began to fear that what I had experienced in past relationships (which were very bad business) was coming to pass in my relationship with M. So I did what any sane 21 year old would do and sat M down and talked it through, right? Wrong, I did probably the stupidest thing I could have and turned and ran in the opposite direction as quickly as I could. Fast. And without warning. I was a selfish, selfish person and hurt my best friend in the entire world. I lost sight of the fact that God has a plan and lost trust in the Lord. I am not proud of this at all. Maybe that's why it's taken me two months to face it.

So where do I go from here? Well I know that the babies and chicken I had dancing in my head are a lot farther off now, but I still feel that it's in God's plan for my life. But where I go is to my knees, I thank the Lord for every beautiful moment He gave me with M. I thank Him for introducing me to M's wonderful family. I pray that a family and love like I experienced with M is planned for me by Him. And I never lose hope.


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

1 comment:

  1. God definitely has a plan for you, J. Keep trust in the Lord. He makes good out of our mistakes. I know this to be fact. <3

    ReplyDelete